September 28, 2010

Dear.Whomever.Pt.3 - Current Happenings

Dear Whomever,

Now that I’ve confused all ya’ll as to my measure of faith, in part 2 of this letter set, I will attempt to tell what has been going on over the last week or so. Much of this is according to the list of “happenings” that I/we have been keeping, showing what YHVH has been doing in our lives during this transitional period of our lives.

On Thursday, Sept. 16, we arrived in Missouri late into the evening. On Friday morning we left the hotel and went to see the farm that we have been looking at for several months. While we were there, the selling realtor “randomly” offered us her house to stay in, while we work on the contracts and stuff.

The next day, being Shabbat, we spent at a friend’s house. It was quiet and restful; not a normal Shabbat, but it was okay I guess.

Sunday, the 19th, was when I broke down and wrote my original letter, some of which made it into this blog series. We all were exhausted physically and spiritually, despite the rest we had on the previous day. Even now, we are only beginning to recover from all of the stress of the last month or so.

Anyway… According to the list I have been keeping, Monday was fairly quiet. I think we mostly did yard-work that day. –We were cleaning up the realtor’s yard and doing various jobs for her around the house, to thank her for letting us stay there.

On Tuesday, the 21st, it was a rather hectic day. Everyone was tired and sore from our work the previous day, and issues kept coming up about the house, or financing, or whatever. First we find out that Dad’s retirement pay can’t be verified until his actual retirement date in a few months. We also weren’t previously told that certain paperwork was needed, so that also is causing some delay.

The selling realtor then called us to let Dad know that she just found out that the farmhouse will catch fire if we turn the electricity on, due to cutting of the wiring. So now the house has to be re-wired. And besides that, it won’t pass inspection for the financing without the electricity on.

Thankfully, Granna (Dad’s mom) re-invited us to come stay with them in Texas. So we have a place to stay while waiting for everything to be worked out. The seller is looking for someone to re-wire the house for us, and we’re in a safe place- somewhere that the electrical works properly. :-)

On Tuesday, the 22nd, Dad was able to find a really good deal on some storage cubicles nearby. We were able to fit all of the stuff in our moving truck and trailer into two 10x20’s, instead of needing three as we had originally speculated. So now we don’t have to pay as much for storing our things as we had thought; and we didn’t have to keep the truck for an extra day, either.

Friday morning, Sept. 24th, we got in the van and drove to Texas. We arrived at Granna’s house just in time to get everything in before Shabbat started (and before the first day of Sukkoth, also), something we were all thankful for. On Saturday, we spent Shabbat there.

Our Grandparents were gone for much of the day because they had other things they needed to do, so we were able to get most of our studies done while they were away. It wasn’t as restful as I would have liked, but it was an okay day. It was a big struggle for us to stay focused on our studies, and spend the day as a Sabbath, but everything worked out all-right.

Sunday and Monday, Sept. 26-27, we spent at Grandma and Grandad’s house (Mom’s parents), visiting and helping them out with stuff. The girls helping Grandma go through doilies and china and other pretty things; the boys helping Dad fix the mower, get under the house, grill burgers… We all had a nice time, despite the fact that my back has been hurting all day. Grandad let me borrow his back brace, so that is helping, at least as far as support is concerned. …And now we’re back at Granna’s for a few days.

So, we’ll see what happens next…

When we were unloading the truck and trailer on Tuesday (the 22nd), Dad had us pack the van with things we would need for the fall, and into the winter. None of us knows how long we will be staying here. What we do know is that it will be as long or short as the Father determines in order to work His plan for us. Please continue to keep us in your prayers, asking that YHVH will give us clear direction; that we would be able to be patient in waiting upon YHVH; and that everything would work out according to His plan and purpose- not ours. :-)

Isaiah 40:30-31 “Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who wait on יהוה renew their strength, they rise up with wings like eagles, they run and are not weary, they walk and do not faint.”

1 comment:

  1. How funny this all worked for you all.
    About the time you all moved out here, me and James and Sherry were moving back to Missouri from a 3 month stay(well for me)in Colorado.
    I just find it funny how we all were coming back/moving about the same time, matter of fact i drove home on Sept 19 exactly 3 months to the day.
    I know from experience and I'm sure you know to, that moving isn't very fun, but part of life. I'm glad i had the opportunity to meet you and your family.
    And i know James and Sherry feel the same, but on another note, i can tell from your words you may feel weak and uncertain, but as i read your letter, I'm encouraged by your strength.


If replying anonymously, please do not include a web address in your comment, otherwise it will be considered spam. Thank you.